Friday, August 24, 2012

Working for the Weekend

Hello Everybody! Its Friday! Let the weekend begin! I know you've been patiently waiting for news on Day#2 of Classes.
I have mixed feelings about it really. The morning classes were a total success in my book because I talked to several people throughout my morning classes, and even had someone to talk with on the way to my car after class. In between my first and second class I had to opportunity to get a free lunch thanks to TRIO.
Trio is like government aid, except they don't give money, they let you  borrow books so you don't have to buy them. Their only conditions are that you have to qualify by yearly income(Under 55,000), or be a [1st] Generation College Student. I qualify both ways, because both of my parents graduated with Associate's degrees and their definition of qualification is Bachelor's Degree. 
After leaving classes for the day, I had a hectic but good day at work, until I realized I was running late and had to run out so I wouldn't be late for my evening class. This is the part of the day when I wonder why I even bother coming to class. My teacher is not ideal. I think she was wondering why she was even there too. I kind of felt sorry for her until she started talking about Darwinism and Evolution. Now, I'm a Christian, and I personally believe that in some ways, evolution could make sense BUT I do not believe though, that I evolved from bacteria. I 'm not going to sit around and bash other peoples thoughts though, so I'm just going to say that I think God created the Earth and all of its creatures, and I think that its completely possible that God's "days" as described in the Bible, last possibly "thousands" of years in human time. I'll just leave it like that. What really made me mad though was sitting in class with an annoying guy who came in late, and spent the whole class on facebook while he was "typing notes" on his laptop. I wanted to beat him senseless when he asked about a lab schedule she had just went over with us. Luckily for him I had a friend who got me out before I could damage him. 
My evening did get better though, because I spent a good hour hanging out with my friend after class.

As for the week as a whole, I'm giving it a total A+ because other thank Biology, I like my classes/teachers and I'm being social. Work is going fantastic too! Now its just time to enjoy the calm and free time I have over the weekend. I'm thinking I may go to the mall with my mama and then scrapbook a little later.
Have a great weekend and we'll chat again later!
Kelci

No comments:

Post a Comment